Thursday 15 September 2016

Lifestyle | What Life Is Teaching Me...


Hey Lovelies,

How are you doing today? I started school last week and I'm already so done with it. But, I'm still going to work hard and succeed. I'm slowly learning that eventually I'm going to have to alone when I go to university and I have to be self-dependent. Cook my own food, wake myself up and generally doing things I take for granted by myself. And I am terrified. Now, I am not a spoilt child whose parents does everything for her. I do my 'fair' share, but they do do a lot for me. I know that in reality I will probably be fine, but knowing that my safety net may be miles away doesn't sit well with me. This is probably the first time in my life I've realized that I'm growing up, even with new developments in my life, such as getting a job, studying for my A levels and becoming a prefect.


Surprisingly, I haven't felt overwhelmed YET and I know that if I keep on top of everything I'll be fine, but there's still a seed of dread inside me that feels like I've taken on too much and it'll explode in my face. Again, I know that it will be okay and even if it isn't, I can change things and lighten the load. But, I guess that when you start something new, you're never completely at ease until you get used to the flow.

This post was as much for me as it is for you. There is a point in everyone's lives when you feel overwhelmed, but instead of letting it consume you, take a deep breath and sort through the mess. Believe me it works. There have been many times when I've broken down and just cried and even though it feels good in the moment, it doesn't solve anything. You're still left with the same mess that made you feel bad in the first place. Be productive instead. Make a list of things you need to do and DO THEM. Don't allow things to pile over. Don't allow yourself to become stressed. You'll feel way better at the end of the day when you've completed MOST things on your list. I say most because there are going to be plenty of days when you don't complete everything, but you shouldn't be deterred by this. You're only human!

I hope this confession/tip post helps you as much as it did me! What has life been teaching you?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: